Habif’s Health Promotion Services department works to help you build healthy decision making skills, reduce risk, and take care of yourself and your friends. We support you reaching your full potential in academics, outside the classroom, and beyond WashU.
- Services, programs, and resources for all undergraduate and graduate/professional students
- Monday-Friday 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- 3 staff members and practicum students working remotely – see specific emails below
- Peer Health Education (PHE) program
All programs are virtual
Digital Resource Library : Publications we have created for students on AOD, mental health, sexual health, public health, and community care
COVID-19 educational module assigned to all students on Canvas
COVID-19 Care Kits for all students expected on campus this fall
Questions? Email Melissa Ruwitch, Assistant Director, Health Promotion and Wellness
Virtual consultations with substance use specialist, AOD education and training, AlcoholEdu online, WashU Recovery Group/recovery services/referrals, risk reduction information and resources for alcohol, marijuana, tobacco, vaping, prescription drugs, and safe disposal
Questions? Email Amanda Harmel, Assistant Director, Alcohol and Other Drug Programming,
- Virtual mindfulness programming and workshops
- Virtual facilitated discussions on mental health and wellbeing with students, faculty, and staff
- Questions? Email Jordan Worthington, Assistant Director, Mental Health Outreach and Programming
Timely updates specific to WashU students, including physical and mental wellbeing tips from Habif staff, program and resource info from PHEs and practicum students, guided meditations, and community care messages.