Who does Neighborhood C.A.R.E. serve? They serve you! Undergraduates, graduates, faculty, staff living in the surrounding neighborhoods and permanent neighbors unaffiliated with the university. We connect, advocate, respect and engage in the community we serve.
- Connect students to neighborhoods, and neighbors to students
- Facilitate neighborhood access to the university and university-community access to neighborhood events and resources
- Collectively advocate for community needs, neighbor’s rights, students’ rights, neighborhood improvements
- Provide education around tenant’s rights and responsibilities, safety, law enforcement, and living safely in the neighborhood
- Encourage getting to know neighbors and students as individuals (by name and story)
- Hold students accountable for actions and impact
- Educate all university students about respect in the neighborhood – ‘Beyond the Bubble’
- Promote being a good neighbor – ‘Smart Students Make Great Neighbors’
- Provide community service opportunities – students working in the community
For more information about N.C.A.R.E., Contact Residential College Director Jordan Cooper.