Fraternity & SORORITY COMMUNITY Housing Costs 2018-19
|Fraternity Houses including House 1 and House 11|
- Students wishing to live in an on-campus fraternity house will fill out a Residential Life Housing Contract through the Housing Portal. Dates and deadlines will be communicated through each fraternity’s House Manager.
- In order to maximize community in the fraternity houses, students that join a fraternity should plan on living in the house for a portion of their time as a member.
- Please note: Most fraternities have requirements for members to live in, please talk with the leadership of your specific chapter for details on what is required from you on living in.
- Advance payments are not required for living in a fraternity house; however a $500.00 fee will be applied to a student’s account upon the cancellation of their contract, regardless of when the contract is cancelled. The exception for students who go abroad.
- Also note: House managers will submit actual room assignments early spring semester.
What is an “occupancy rate” and how does it affect current members and new members?
- Each fraternity is expected to occupy its house to the full capacity in order to maximize community within the houses.
- Those men that are new members or current members of a fraternity will not be allowed to continue through the lottery process if at the deadline the chapter house does not have contracts filled out equaling 100% of the occupancy for the academic year. This is ultimately due to the fact that if one was to live in Residential Life housing while his fraternity house is not full, that man is considered by the university as having two housing spots, one that is reserved for him in his fraternity house and the one that he would be living in Residential Life housing.
- If a current fraternity house resident wants to return to Residential Life housing in next year, he will receive a lottery number equivalent to his class standing however, he will only be eligible to petition for housing if his fraternity has submitted contracts equivalent to 100% of occupancy by the February deadline.
- Please note: If you want to remain in Residential Life Housing but your fraternity does not submit 100% of contracts by the February 27 deadline, unfortunately you will not be able to participate in their room assignment process.