Relationship and Sexual Violence Reporting Options

Leave this site

We encourage you to report incidents of sexual violence, sexual misconduct, dating violence, domestic violence and stalking.

Content warning: This page contains information about relationship and sexual violence.

Confidential RSVP counselors available 24/7
Email or call 314-935-3445 (Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)

24/7 emergency via Provident WashU (314-935-6666), WUPD (314-935-5555) or SARAH peer counseling during the academic year (314-935-8080).

There are three ways to report:

Report to the Gender Equity and Title IX Compliance Office

All students have the right and are encouraged to file a formal complaint in the event of any sexual discrimination or harassment, which includes sexual violence, experienced as a student. The Gender Equity and Title IX Compliance Office is dedicated to ensuring campus safety by proactively addressing all complaints. The Gender Equity and Title IX Compliance Office staff can meet with students individually to hear their complaints or refer them to an appropriate campus resource. A report to the Gender Equity and Title IX Compliance Office does not preclude your right to file a report with the police and seek criminal prosecution if you are a victim of rape, sexual assault, other sexual offenses, dating, domestic violence or stalking.

Report to the police

If you need immediate medical care or are in danger, please call 314-935-5555 if you are on campus or 911 if you are off-campus.

A report to the police should be made to the police department in the area where the crime occurred. If the crime did not occur in the jurisdiction of Washington University Police Department (WUPD), or if you are not sure in what jurisdiction it occurred, you are still welcome to contact WUPD. WUPD is there to support, facilitate and answer questions. A report to Washington University Police will be treated with courtesy, sensitivity, dignity, understanding and professionalism.

If you want to report to the police anonymously, the silent witness program form is available. This report goes to WUPD staff and is anonymous.

Submit an anonymous or confidential report

If you choose not to file a report with the police or the Gender Equity and Title IX Compliance Office, we strongly encourage you to file an anonymous or confidential report to help the university identify misconduct patterns regarding a particular location, method or offender, and to ensure we can notify the greater campus community to potential dangers if needed. If you would prefer to speak with a confidential RSVP counselor instead of filing the report, you may email or call 314-935-3445 to set up an appointment to confidentially discuss your experience and your options.

The RSVP Center anonymous report form is available for survivors, friends, acquaintances or family members of survivors to report incidents of sexual harassment, sexual violence, intimate partner violence and stalking. Information included in this form goes privately to the RSVP Center, and no further investigation or action will be taken after this form is received unless requested.

The WUPD silent witness form is submitted under a condition of anonymity, and all information is kept confidential.

Through Bias Report and Support System (BRSS) you have the option to fill out the BRSS form anonymously online by selecting the “For Information Only” option.

Leave this site