As of July 1, 2023, COVID-19 vaccination is no longer required, though it is strongly recommended along with an annual flu vaccine for all students.
We are following CDC guidance and recommend vaccination with either an FDA EUA or fully approved vaccine. As of May 2023, the following vaccines currently meet this guidance:
- Moderna Bivalent vaccine – 1 dose
- Pfizer-2 Bivalent vaccine – 1 dose
- Johnson & Johnson/Janssen-1 dose
- Novavax – 2 doses
- For international students who received a WHO approved vaccine, one dose of a bivalent vaccine is recommended Please visit the the Portal to make an appointment for the bivalent vaccine.
Additional Vaccines and Tests
All incoming students must provide proof of immunization for the following:
- Two vaccines each for measles, mumps and rubella after the age of one year old. A blood test to check for immunity (titers) may be provided in lieu of the immunizations. This can be performed at Habif Health and Wellness Center. The student health plan covers MMR titers but those using a different health plan should check for coverage with their health plan provider.
- Meningococcal vaccine (Menactra, Menveo, MenQuadfi, MCV4, MenACWY, MPSV4) is mandatory for all incoming students. This vaccine must be given after the 16th birthday to give students coverage throughout their four years here. If it has been given before the 16th birthday, another dose, after the age of 16, is required.
- Tuberculosis Screening
- For those who need a TB test based on the screening questions, (born in a high-prevalence country; travel for more than two months to a high-prevalence country; contact with active tuberculosis; HIV positive; suppressed immune system from illness or medication (e.g., organ transplant, prednisone treatment); medical conditions such as diabetes, cancer or kidney failure; body weight 10% or more below ideal body weight; work in prison, nursing home, homeless shelter or hospital; work in lab with mycobacteria; history of abnormal chest x-ray) a PPD skin test or blood test such as T-spot or QuantiFERON gold in the past six months is required. These tests can be performed at Habif Health and Wellness Center, but ideally should be done six months or less before coming to school. A chest x-ray alone does not meet this requirement. However, for those with a positive TB test an accompanying chest x-ray is also required.
- The student health plan covers tuberculosis blood tests but those using a different health plan should check for coverage with their health plan provider
It is also suggested that students provide proof of immunization for the following, although these are not required to achieve mandatory immunization compliance:
- COVID vaccine
- Annual flu vaccine
- Tetanus diphtheria acellular pertussis (Tdap) immunization within the past 10 years
- Hepatitis A and/or B vaccine
- Varicella vaccine (2 doses)
- Meningitis B vaccine
- HPV vaccine for those age 9-45
- Routine childhood immunizations including polio
Evidence of required immunizations in the form of official medical documentation that includes the student’s name and date of birth must be uploaded to the Student Portal. Once on the portal click “Medical Clearances” and follow prompts. These records must be uploaded in English (originally) or translated by a licensed professional translation service. JR Translation Services is one option for medical translation, but students are welcome to use any licensed service. The name and manufacturer of the vaccine must be included in the translation. Students will be able to view their compliance status on the portal. Please allow 3 business days for staff to review and verify your uploads.
Immunizations including COVID-19, HPV, tetanus, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, meningitis, influenza, measles, mumps and rubella are offered at Habif. Please book a nursing immunization visit online through the patient portal.
Immunizations are given only by appointment. Appointments are available: Monday through Friday: 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1:00-4:30 p.m. In addition, annual flu clinics will occur each fall.
MMR titers and tuberculosis blood tests are also offered at Habif. Please email to request an order for these tests which can be performed at the lab located at Habif at your convenience.
To print a copy of your immunizations on record with Habif, click the “Immunizations” link in the Student Portal.
If you think you have already completed this form, please click Portal Forms (PDF) for instructions on how to verify if your form is complete.
Incoming students – Health history information
In addition to immunization documentation, incoming students must also complete their health history information via the Student Portal prior to moving onto campus. Login to the student portal and click “medical clearances” to access the health history form.