The university will require all students to upload proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Students who are enrolling for the first time, or are returning after an absence, will be required to do so or apply for medical or religious exemption by August 1.
All Danforth Students must currently be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before they arrive on campus. The deadline to submit documentation of vaccination or apply for a medical or religious exemption is August 1, 2022.
To be fully vaccinated by August 1, you must receive your final dose of vaccine no later than July 18.
We are following CDC or WHO guidance and accept vaccination with either an FDA or WHO EUA or fully approved vaccine. As of June 1, the following vaccines currently meet this requirement:
- Moderna-2 doses
- Pfizer-2 doses
- Johnson & Johnson/Janssen-1 dose
- Novavax – 2 doses
- AstraZeneca (AZD1222) (ChAdOx1-S)-2 doses
- SKBio /Republic of Korea)
- Serum Institute of India (COVIDSHIELD)
- AB/Sweden (VAXZEVRIA)
- Vero Cell (inactivated) made by Sinopharm, Beijing (BIBP)-2 doses
- Vero Cell (inactivated) made by Sinovac Life Sciences Co, Ltd.-2 doses
- Additional vaccinations may be approved as more information about vaccines and virus variants becomes available. . This list will be updated accordingly.
- For international students who cannot get vaccinated prior to arrival with an approved vaccine, please contact us at Habif Health and Wellness Center or 314-935-6666.
Additional vaccine availability can be found online:
- Missouri COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- VaccineFinder for vaccine registries across the United States
Once you have been fully vaccinated, we ask that you upload an image of your COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card in your student health portal. Please upload your documentation by visiting the Habif Health and Wellness Center website and clicking on the link for “Log in to the student portal.”
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your health and receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, please contact Habif Health and Wellness Center or call 314-935-6666. (during business hours).
The University is strongly encouraging any student who is eligible to obtain a booster and upload an image of this vaccination record card into your student health portal. The CDC has updated guidance on who is eligible to receive a booster.
If you have additional questions please see the WashU COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ page.