Sarah Rigazio

Assistant Director, Employer Relations

Sarah Rigazio
Sarah Rigazio

I started my career in recruiting before coming to WashU. I now work at the Career Center with organizations looking to hire our amazing students. I connect with companies to discuss hiring needs and help develop campus recruiting approaches that will lead to the best results. Our team is always strategizing how we can best connect our students and employers each semester. My role at the Career Center combines my interests in recruiting, education, and career development and gives me the opportunity to meet many talented professionals and students.

What do you most enjoy about working at the Career Center?

Career services is great for curious people as you are constantly learning about different companies and industries and how they operate. Visiting former students on our Road Show treks each year is always such a fun and rewarding experience. I get to see first-hand where our alumni are working, and they are always so willing to mentor current students interested in similar career fields.

First post-college job or favorite job before working here?

I originally wanted to work in marketing but ended up finding my first post-college job at a recruiting agency in St. Louis that specialized in the consumer packaged goods industry. I didn’t know about a talent acquisition/recruiting career as an undergrad, but it turns out that I really enjoy working in this field!