Viewing: All Resources

Close Filter Menu

Gain English Language Skills with TeachESL at WashU

03/04/2022 Written By: Lara Jennings, International Student and Scholar Advisor Teach English as a Second Language (TeachESL) is a WashU student run learning club that pairs undergraduate English speaking tutors […]

Health Care and Insurance for International Students

Read the guide to health insurance in the U.S. for international students during their time at WashU.

Housing in St. Louis for International Students

All the information you need to consider where to live in St. Louis

Immigration and Visa Updates

OISS provides the latest USCIS updates affecting WashU's international students and scholars.

Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers

An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

International Graduate Student Orientation

International students attend a customized introduction to the WashU campus.

International Student Travel Signature Request Form

At this time the OISS has limited ability to mail new I-20s with travel signatures.

International Students Admissions Process

See information about the admissions process to WashU for international students.

International Students Obtaining a Driver or Nondriver License

See the steps and documents required to obtain a driver or nondriver license as an international student.

International Students: Submit Questions about the University’s Response to COVID-19

If you are an international student and have questions or concerns due to the Chancellor's March 11th announcement regarding campus housing closures and courses going online, please submit them using this form.

Invitation Letter Request

According to the U.S. Department of State, invitation letters submitted as part of the visitor visa process are not reviewed and are, therefore, unnecessary.

J-1 Stories Form

Help us spread the word about how the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program is positively impacting people and communities around the world The Office for International Students and Scholars is collecting […]

J-1 Student Employment and Training

Get information about employment and training for students with a J-1 visa type.

Justification for No U.S. Phone Number

If you do not have a U.S. phone number to use for the SEVIS requirement, complete the justification form.

Letter Requests for International Students

Often F-1 and J-1 students are required to provide a letter verifying their immigration status.