Student leaders equipping their peers to enact positive and effective change in themselves and their communities.
We believe that leadership is about the ability to positively change oneself, one’s communities and society. Leadership is not a positional, but rather a process, and The LEAD Project takes this to heart by targeting an audience of student group leaders.
In order for students to be efficient social change agents, we believe that students should embody these ideals:
- An awareness of self and commitment to values
- The confidence to speak their minds and offer contributions through their strengths
The active practice of inclusive leadership
- Consistent collaboration through trust, a common goal and embracing controversy with civility
During an isolating time for all of us, The LEAD Project is focusing on bring our campus community together.
New this year, The LEAD Project hosts “BEAR-adise” at least one Friday a month! Using the online platform Hop-In, BEAR-adise offers an opportunity for all Wash U students to win prizes, play games, and meet new friends.
Leadership starts with connecting the community.
Join us on March 12th and April 9th. Sign up on WUGO!
Marketing and Assessment
- Develops brand recognition for the organization among Wash U undergraduates with relevant marketing strategies
- Advertises all LEAD events, trainings and services using various forms of media
- Assesses learning and program effectiveness for all LEAD facilitations, workshops, and events
Training and Development
- Organizes and facilitate leadership workshops on various topics such as Diversity & Inclusion and Strengths & Values
- Collaborates with campus partners to develop expertise on leadership skills, then incorporate your knowledge into workshop facilitations
- Brainstorms, designs, organizes and implements premier leadership development programs supporting various WashU student groups
- Establishes strategic partnerships with relevant student organizations on campus
Promotes connections between student leaders within the WashU community
2020-2021 Board of Directors
Marketing and Assessment Co-Chairs
Training and Development Chair
2021-2022 Executive Chair
Kiarra Womack: email@example.com, Executive co-chair for the LEAD Project