Use this form if you are on STEM OPT and have changes in your current employer information.
What is a material change? The federal regulations require students on the STEM OPT extension and their employers to complete and sign a new I-983 Training Plan whenever there are material changes to or deviations from the training plan that was most recently submitted to the OISS.
Material changes include, but not limited to:
- Change in your job role or job title
- Change of your supervisor
- Change in your employer address
- Any reduction in compensation
- A decrease in hours worked per week
- Change in the employer’s EIN
- Any changes with the employer’s commitment or with the learning objective of the student (as laid out in Form I-983)
Before you continue with this form, you must have a scanned copy of the updated and signed I-983. You should work closely with your supervisor to update your I-983. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a copy of your past I-983 for reference.