The Office of Residential Life is hiring for Graduate Fellows to work with our thriving undergraduate student body for the 2022-2023 academic year. The Graduate Fellow will work approximately 15-19 hours a week, which will primarily be night and weekend hours.
Graduate Position Information
- Must be a full-time graduate student through the end of the 2022-2023 academic year
- Must be able to work a minimum of 5 hours during traditional business hours each week
- Possess strong organizational and administrative skills
- Previous experience in residential life or student affairs is preferred
- Respect for and commitment to student development and student initiatives
- Must be available to work evening and weekend hours
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willingness to drive departmental vehicles
- A commitment to and desire to learn about racial and social justice
- For ARCD Role Only: Must live in the on-campus apartment provided as part of the compensation package
- Graduate Fellow Roles
- Graduate Fellow will receive $15.25 per hour averaging 15 hours a week for 44 weeks paid over a 10 month period (August – May), in addition to a 600 point meal plan (300 points/semester). Housing is not included.
- Assistant Residential College Director will receive $15.25/hour averaging 19 hours a week for 44 weeks paid over a 10 month period (August – May), in addition to a 600 point meal plan (300 points/semester) and a furnished efficiency apartment.
- For ARCD Role Only: Must live in the provided on-campus apartment
To review the terms of employment, please review the specific job descriptions.
Application materials will be received on a rolling basis. For priority consideration, submit an application by April 18, 2022. Upon application submission, a Residential Life staff member will reach out to coordinate a virtual interview for the position.
Please contact Zach Santos (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Information Sessions will be hosted on the following dates:
- April 5, 2022 @ 2:00 PM (South 40 House Conference Room)
- April 6, 2022 @ 7:00 PM (Zoom)
- April 7, 2022 @ 11:00 AM (South 40 House Conference Room)
- April 12, 2022 @ 10:00 AM (South 40 House Conference Room)
- April 13 2022 @ 7:00 PM (Zoom)
If you are unable to make it to a session, you can view a pre-recorded version of the session.
The Residential College Graduate Fellow is a graduate student who works in close collaboration with and is supervised by the Residential College Director (RCD) to support the Residential College Council through program development and implementation. Graduate Fellows also provide care and help to students in need of additional university support.
The Residential Leadership Graduate Fellow is a graduate student who works in close collaboration with and is supervised by the Coordinator for Residential Leadership (CRL) to support residential student leadership initiatives through advising, program planning and leadership development. Graduate Fellows are a valuable member of residential life, supporting programming for all residential students and providing support to the various residential student leaders.
The Assistant Residential College Director is a graduate student who works in close collaboration with and is supervised by the Residential College Director (RCD) by enhancing the quality of life for residential students through supervising Resident Advisors (RAs), developing programs which promote learning and foster an inclusive community, and providing support on departmental initiatives.