Resident Advisor Job Description
The primary role of a Resident Advisor (RA) is developing a community of students in a university living environment. RAs create opportunities for students to learn about themselves and others and are responsible for facilitating the general safety and well-being of the community. The RA position is a challenging and rewarding experience. There are opportunities for RAs to develop skills in many areas including leadership, communication, programming, student support, crisis response, and other transferable skills. The RA as a staff member of the Office of Residential Life, is supervised by a Residential College Director or Residential Community Director (RCD). View the job description at the link below.
Resident Advisor Application
Apply to be an RA using the application link here: Resident Advisor Application
Resident Advisor Reference Form
As a reference, your feedback is essential to our Resident Advisor selection process. We greatly appreciate your input. All reference forms are due by January 18, 2021.
Please find the Resident Advisor Reference Form for here:
- Application goes Live ⇨ Sunday, November 15
- Information Webinar #1 ⇨ Friday, November 20
- View the recorded RA Selection Information Webinar from Friday, November 20. Learn more about the application process and what it means to be an RA. Link is provided:
- Recorded Information Webinar
- Information Webinar #2 ⇨ Please take time to watch the recorded session linked above.
- Application Due ⇨ Friday, December 18
- References Due ⇨ Monday, January 18
- Interview Week ⇨ February 1- 5
- Notification Day ⇨ Friday, February 19
- Contract Signing Night ⇨ Monday, April 26
Frequently Asked Questions
For questions, email email@example.com directly. Follow us on Instagram @washureslife the next few weeks to learn more about the RA position and why you should definitely apply to be an RA!