Intramural sports offer the opportunity to engage with other students in organized sports events and activities in a fun and inclusive environment.
WashU Rec offers leagues and events in more than 35 sports annually. WashU’s IM program offers participants the flexibility to customize the type of play they want to engage in. Most sports are broken up into Open, Co-Rec, or Women’s leagues, and within each league exists the option to join a competitive division or a division focused more on fun and participation.
All student, staff, and faculty members of the Sumers Recreation Center are eligible to participate in intramural sports.
Check the list below to see what sports are offered for the current season, as well as registration deadlines.
All individual and team registration is submitted online through IMLeagues. Online registrations must be submitted by 11:30 p.m. on the last day of registration for that particular event.
All intramural participants will be required to create an account here using a wustl.edu e-mail address.
- Go to IMLeagues.
- Click on the “Create Account” link in the upper right corner.
- Enter your information, and use your Washington University email address (@wustl.edu)
- You will be sent a temporary password to your Washington University email account.
- Log in to IMLeagues by clicking the link at the bottom of the email. You will be prompted to change your password upon first login.
- After changing your password, the Washington University in St. Louis school link should pop up. Click “Join School”
- You may now log in at IMLeagues and register to participate in Intramural Events.
Most team leagues require a $40 forfeit deposit payable by debit or credit card. If your team does not forfeit during the season, you will receive your entire deposit back.
Most team leagues have a mandatory captains meeting prior to the beginning of the season. These meetings will be scheduled after the close of registration. Teams that do not have a representative present may not be scheduled, will not be issued a refund of their forfeit fee, and will be subject to being replaced by a team from the wait list if applicable.
Questions? Contact Jamaica Cannon