Susan Craig, MA, MPA

Associate Director, Government, Policy, and Social Impact

I have policy and political experience both in DC and beyond. I’ve been an intelligence analyst for the US government as well as a fundraiser for the Democratic Party. I have masters degrees in public administration and political management and teach graduate level courses on national security and intelligence for the School of Continuing & Professional Studies. I coach students interested in government, policy, politics and advocacy.

What do you most enjoy about working at the Center for Career Advancement?

I love helping students realize that they can build a career affecting change on issues that matter to them. I also enjoy connecting current students to ones who’ve charted a path before them. Our alums are so great and it’s fun to engage in professional match-making!

First post-college job or favorite job before working here?

My favorite job prior to coming to STL was working as the “Devil’s Advocate” for the Defense Intelligence Agency. Who wants to be in charge when you can be the chief skeptic and official assumption-challenger?! I still think of myself as a thoughtful disruptor, but it’s not on my business card anymore…

Career coaching focus area: Government / Public Policy, Public Health, General, Non-Profit / Social Work, Pre-Law, Sustainability