Nina Chastain, MSW, LCSW

Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Mental Health Services

Nina Chastain
Nina Chastain

I am a licensed clinical social worker trained in a variety of evidence-based therapies including Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, and Internal Family Systems. My clients receive a customized approach based upon their unique goals and needs. I bring an attitude of non-judgment, gentle challenge, and a sense of humor.  In my practice there is no hierarchy of pain and suffering. Clients can work on whatever issue is troubling them without thinking it is too unimportant, or too big, to bring to therapy. Additionally, I have specialized training working with people who struggle with intense emotions. Often their pain has led them to use coping strategies that negatively affect areas of their life, and they want to learn better coping techniques.

People I work with include:

• Those struggling with depression, anxiety, or trauma
  • Those who experience intense emotions
  • Life transitions
  • People seeking a therapist who offers a friendly space for any sexual orientation, gender identity, and those with non-traditional approaches to relationships and sexuality

Additional areas of treatment:

• Addiction counseling
  • Individuating from parents or others
  • People pleasing
  • Feeling stuck
  • Struggles with relationships
  • Time management and overcoming procrastination

Please note: As a Social Worker, I strive to be aware of my clients’ own personal values and cultural and religious beliefs and practices. I am also guided by a Code of Ethics that upholds that all individuals have a right to bodily autonomy, that abortion is health care, and that all individuals have a right to freedom of choice in accessing essential health care services, especially their reproductive health. Forced pregnancy is a grave violation of human rights and dignity. Each client’s private health care information is always treated as confidential.