Karissa Rusu

Associate Director, Graduate Business

Hi there! I have been at WashU since summer 2019 and have absolutely loved my time coaching students within the graduate business programs. In addition to coaching, I provide strategic vision and coordination of programming to support the career goals and aspirations of our graduate business students. I have more than a decade of experience in higher education and international NGO work. My career in higher education began in undergraduate and graduate business admissions, recruiting, and academic program support. After a nearly two year experience working for an international NGO in Burkina Faso, I re-entered student development with an international perspective and spent more than three years providing immigration advising to F-1 and J-1 students while also coordinating cross-cultural programming and leadership opportunities among international student populations. My experience with international students informs my strengths focused approach to coaching. This past summer, I had the opportunity to visit WashU students and alumni in Beijing and Shanghai! I am so grateful I had the opportunity to visit the country that many of my students call home. In my free time I love being outdoors and exploring the STL food, coffee, and wine scene with my husband and walking our not-so-mini-golden doodle, Oliver – we love him to pieces!