Erika Fitzgibbon

SMP Career Coach

For more than 20 years as a career coach and leader of career development in higher education and private practice, I have focused on the professional development and advancement of high-achieving individuals. I love building systems to serve communities, developing strong relationships, challenging folks when they get stuck, cheering them on during tough times, standing by their side as they make big leaps, staying connected, and watching phenomenal careers unfold!

While with the College of Architecture at Washington University in St. Louis, I developed, launched, and managed the college’s first comprehensive career development programming and cultivated institutional relationships with some of the world’s most elite architecture firms including: Skidmore Owings & Merrill LLC, HOK, Perkins + Will, Gensler, CannonDesign, and more. While there, I worked with multiple stakeholders, to elevate the College’s national ranking in Design Intelligence Magazine.

I have coached thousands, including graduate and undergraduate design students, first and second-year exploring undergraduates, as well as pre-med, health sciences, and international graduate-level business and technology students. Additionally, I have worked in private practice with high-achieving mid-career leaders and business owners, to move their lives and careers ahead.

Prior to my academic career services experiences, I worked with a number of government agencies and public education institutions in a similar capacity, running large grant programs and teaching career development workshops within underserved communities.

In addition to my work as a career coach, I am an accomplished, award-winning portrait photographer and my work has been recognized nationally in “American Baby” magazine and won various industry awards, including the SEEN competition for three consecutive years.

A mother of two active young women, I have evolved my private coaching and photography practices to focus on “empowerment career coaching & photography” – my work aims to contribute to stronger self-identity and confidence, with the ultimate goal of helping to move women ahead in their careers and lives, while challenging current perceptions of beauty, and contributing to the overall health, success, and equality of girls and women.