Eliza Angarano

Assistant Director, Career Development

I have been working with students in higher education for a little over seven years but I’ve always had a strong passion for helping students. My undergraduate degree is in Art Education and I have a master’s degree in Management and Leadership. It took me a while to find the right fit in a job but career coaching and counseling is definitely it! I have experience working in a corporate setting and as a realtor but none were as fulfilling as working with students to reach their goals and discover a career that really clicks with them. I’ve worked with a variety of students and programs and concentrated on public health and health management in my most recent career counseling role but I love learning from students where they want to go next and helping them to explore how to get there. I’ve also had the pleasure of working to create programming for international students and have a strong perspective of what international students need to find work in the U.S. I like to take a personal approach to what my students need and I love a good challenge and finding answers they need together. In my spare time I love taking advantage of the great restaurants and activities here in St. Louis and I love playing with my two overly large dogs!