As a part of the TRIO program, scholars are able to apply for supplemental funding that can help offset some of the costs of activities and events. If you have extenuating circumstances or need help acquiring funding for certain college expenses, please reach out to our professional staff. Information regarding eligibility, deadlines, and applications are listed below.
TRIO Funding provides TRIO Scholars the opportunity to receive financial support for professional or educational workshops, training, leadership programs or conferences.There are standard award amounts that a Scholar may request, depending on the nature of the test or event, as listed below. Please note: these are maximum award limits only. You may request any amount up to the maximum on your application.
Final Application Deadline: April 30, 2019
Maximum Award Limits
- On Campus Workshops or Training: $50
- Local Conferences or Training: $100
- National Conferences or Training: $250
- International Conference or Training: $300
- Presenting at a Conference or Training: Additional $50 on top of the event maximum. To be eligible, you must submit an acceptance letter for your paper/poster along with your application.
If you are receiving funding for a professional development event, you must also complete an Event Summary Report within seven days after the event.
TRIO scholars may apply for supplemental grant awards that can be used for books, supplies, lab fees or extenuating circumstances. We will send scholars emails when this fund is made available
TRIO funding allows for awarding the cost test preparation courses and graduate-level standardized tests. There are standard award amounts that a Scholar may request, depending on the nature of the test or event, as listed below. Please note: these are maximum award limits only. You may request any amount up to the maximum on your application.
Maximum Award Limits
- Preparation Materials: $50
- Preparation Course: $100
- One-on-one Tutoring: $150
- GRE Test Fee: $205 ($102 with approved test fee waiver)
- LSAT Test Fee: $180
- MCAT Test Fee: $315 ($125 with approved test fee waiver)
- Multiple Test Fees: $400 (up to $225 with approved test fee waivers)
To apply for these funds, TRIO scholars must meet the following criteria:
- Scholar in Junior or Senior standing
- Freshman or Sophomore with extenuating circumstances–Contact us in this case.
- 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Good academic standing with the university
- Full time enrollment (12+ credit hours)
In addition, you must:
- Meet with your ACTS/TRIO adviser at least once per semester.
- Complete the TRIO Financial Literacy Workshop or individual appointment.
- Attend one TRIO Cultural Enrichment activity.
- Complete an expense reimbursement for the Business Office.
To receive funding, you should submit all application materials at least one month before the event, test or preparation course.
Once you submit your application for one of the funding opportunities with all required materials, TRIO professional staff will review your request and determine your eligibility. If you are approved, she will share the request with the business office for processing. You will receive an email response to your request within two weeks of submission.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact us.