COVID-19 Closure Locker Rental Impact
We are extending the following options to members with locker rentals as long as the Sumers Recreation Center remains closed.
- Locker Extension (Default): We plan on extending all paid locker rentals by a duration equivalent to the length of our closure; however, we’ll also be adding on an additional 1-week extension to thank you for your patience and understanding. There is no need to contact us if you’d like a locker rental extension. This extension will be executed once we identify a re-opening date for our facilities.
- Prorated Refund for Length of Closure: If the locker extension will not work for you, we can provide a refund commensurate with the number of days our facilities were closed. The prorated refund amount will be based on the per-day rate of your current rental. Since we do not keep credit card information on file, we will contact you by phone to complete your refund. Please contact us by email with your phone number if this is your preferred choice.
- Full Locker Refund: If the rental extension will not work for you, we can prorate your refund based on the remaining length of your current rental. Since we do not keep credit card information on file, we will contact you by phone to complete your refund. Please contact us by email with your phone number if this is your preferred choice.
Regardless of which option you select, your personal items will remain secure in your locker and you do not have to clean it out at this time, unless you choose to do so. We have set up the following time blocks for those who would like to clear out their lockers.
- Monday, Aug. 24: 10–11:30 a.m.; 3:30–6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 25: 9–11 a.m.; 3:30–6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 26: 3:30 –6 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 27: 11:30 a.m.–1:15 p.m.
Please email Carly Vanderheyden (email@example.com to schedule a time to clean out your locker.
We will offer more times in September with the start of the undergraduate semester. If you are a student that will not return to campus, please contact Carly with your home address.
Day Use Lockers
There are more than 100 small day-use lockers spread over three locations in the Sumers Recreation center: in the Sumers Fitness Center, the Rec Courts and in the northeast alcove off the Elevated Track. Additionally, there are full-size day-use lockers available in the men’s and women’s Rec Locker Rooms located on Level 1 of the Athletic Complex. Members must provide their own locks.
Long-Term Locker Rental
Lockers are available for long-term rental in the men’s and women’s Rec Locker Rooms located on Level 1 of the Athletic Complex. Locks will be provided to accompany rented lockers.
Long-term locker rentals can be made at the Sumers Rec Center membership desk.
Summer (May 20 – August 26)
Half: $20 | Large: $25 | XL: $30
Semester (August 1 – December 31 or January 1 – May 31)
Half: $25 | Large: $35 | XL: $40
Half: $55 | Large: $75 | XL: $85
The men’s and women’s Rec Locker Rooms are accessible on Level 1 of the Sumers Recreation Center.
Each locker room features day-use lockers, showers, restroom facilities and a sauna as well as a water extractor for wringing wet swimsuits. Both facilities are also equipped with handicap accessible showers.
The yellow lockers in the Rec Locker Rooms are designated as complimentary day-use lockers. Members may use these for the day, but must provide their own lock. Long-term locker rentals are also available.
The Millstone Pool deck is accessible through the showers in the Rec Locker Rooms.