The Rec Courts are the home for indoor recreational sports at WashU. Lined to accommodate three basketball, volleyball and badminton courts, the courts will host open rec play as well as intramural competitions.
The Rec Courts feature the largest gym floor wood stain mural in the midwest. The design spans all three courts and showcases WashU landmarks Brookings Hall and the Francis Field Gates as well as St. Louis’ Gateway Arch.
COVID-19 Modified Operations
Courts 1 and 2 are currently housing physically distanced cardio equipment that will be available for use beginning Monday, May 10. Court 3 is available for for singles badminton and physically distanced floor workouts.
- Participants are required to wear a mask at all times, even while using equipment.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed between all cardio machines.
- Every other machine will be offline to allow for safe physical distancing.
- Participants are required to wipe down all equipment after each use.
- Basketball and volleyball are not available.
- Running on or around the courts is not permitted.