2020 Fall Move-in procedures for incoming and returning students will be updated throughout the month of August. Please do not make non-refundable travel plans until you have received your assigned move-in date.
As you begin to prepare your plans for move-in, keep the following in mind when coordinating your travel to St. Louis this fall.
- First Year Student move-in will take place beginning on Friday, September 4 and continue through Sunday, September 6.
- Returning Student move-in will take place beginning on Wednesday, September 9 and continue through Saturday, September 12.
All students will be administratively assigned a move-in day that will be shared by Monday, August 17th on your individual WashU Housing Portal. To monitor the number of students moving in throughout the day, move-in arrivals will be managed by timeslot to maintain safety protocols in response to COVID-19. Your move-in time will be updated following the release of your housing assignment.
More move-in information will be available at a later date. We will not be taking requests for individual early arrivals.
MOVE-IN FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Students are asked to significantly limit their interactions with others in the 14 days prior to departing for St. Louis for the start of the fall semester. This includes staying at home as much as possible, washing your hands frequently, wearing a mask if you must be in contact with anyone outside your home, and keeping at least six feet of distance between yourself and others outside of your family. Please monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 and if they develop, seek medical advice before coming to St. Louis. Do not come to campus if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
Every student living in residential life housing will be required to take a free COVID-19 test within 24 hours of their arrival to campus. We are planning on using a saliva test that will be administered through the Habif Health and Wellness Center and provide results within 24 hours. Students are going to be asked to quarantine in place while awaiting the results of that test.
Testing will be available for students at the Habif Health and Wellness Center for students who are symptomatic or who were exposed to someone who is COVID-19 positive.
Students may be contacted by Habif Health and Wellness Center to take a COVID-19 test if they were identified as being exposed to someone who is COVID-19 positive through contact tracing.
- The move-in process will occur over multiple days to ensure appropriate physical distancing during that process. More specific information will be provided shortly after fall room assignments have been confirmed and communicated.
- Up to two family members or supporters may accompany a student during their assigned move-in time. Professional vendors will be provided to assist with the moving of belongings for First Year Move-In. Outside moving vendors will not be allowed on campus.
- To help us reduce community spread, before move-in and during move-in procedures will be outlined via our website.
- Belongings to be moved in should be limited in size and number Please only bring essential belongings that you can easily take with you at move-out.
All students will be administratively assigned a move-in day and time from the move-in dates below. Assignments are being done in order to control for the number of arrivals in accordance with Center for Disease Control (CDC) public health guidelines. As the university is coordinating testing students who will be living in Residential Life housing when they arrive in September there is no flexibility on assigned time frames.
- First Year Students: September 4, 5, 6
- Returning Students: September 9, 10, 11, 12
Up to two family members or supporters may accompany a student during their assigned move-in time. Professional vendors will be available to assist with the moving of belongings for First Year Move-In on September 5th and 6th.
The move-in process will occur over multiple days for First Year students and returning students with all residential students receiving pre-assigned timeslots to ensure appropriate physical distancing during the move-in process. More information about move-in can be found here.
The Deneb STAR program is considered a scholar program. Please connect directly with your program leader for move-in information if you are a member of the Deneb STAR program.
Students should physically bring their items to campus on their selected move-in day. Sending large and bulky items to mail services on campus may result in significant delays in the student receiving their items.
Please connect directly with your coach for move-in information if you are a member of a fall sport.
Please view move-in information here for detailed procedures. Information found via this page will be officially updated by Monday, August 17th.