All incoming students must provide proof of immunization for the following:
- Two vaccines each for measles, mumps and rubella after the age of one year old. A titer may be provided in lieu of the immunizations.
- Meningococcal vaccine (Menactra, Menveo, MCV4/MPSV4, Menomune) is mandatory for all first-year students. This vaccine must be given after the 16th birthday to give students coverage throughout their four years here. If it has been given before the 16th birthday, another dose, after the age of 16, is required.
- One tuberculosis test (PPD skin test or blood test such as T-spot or Quantiferon gold) in the past six months for students at high risk of tuberculosis. These tests can be performed at Habif Health and Wellness Center, but ideally should be done six months or less before coming to school. High risk for tuberculosis includes: foreign born from a high-prevalence country; travel for more than two months to a high-prevalence country; contact with active tuberculosis; HIV positive; suppressed immune system from illness or medication (e.g., organ transplant, prednisone treatment); medical conditions such as diabetes, cancer or kidney failure; body weight 10% or more below ideal body weight; work in prison, nursing home, homeless shelter or hospital; work in lab with mycobacteria; history of abnormal chest X-ray.
It is also suggested that students provide proof of immunization for:
- Tetanus diphtheria acellular pertussis (Tdap) immunization within the past 10 years
- Hepatitis A and/or B vaccine
- Varicella vaccine (2 doses)
- Meningitis B
- HPV vaccine for those age 9-26
- Routine childhood immunizations including polio
- Annual influenza vaccine in the fall
Immunizations including HPV, tetanus, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, meningitis, influenza, measles, mumps and rubella are offered at Habif. Please book a nursing immunization visit online through the patient portal.
Immunizations and PPDs are given only by appointment. Appointments are available: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 9:30-11 a.m. and 1-2 p.m.
Please log into the Student Portal to update your Immunization Compliance information. Once inside the Portal click ‘Forms’ to access the Entrance Medical Requirements page. Click the ‘Immunization Page’ link to access the form.
To print a copy of your immunizations on record with Habif, click the ‘Immunizations’ link in the Student Portal.
Please note that the meningitis vaccine is required of all incoming students.
If you think you have already completed this form, please click Portal Forms (PDF) for instructions on how to verify if your is form is complete.
Incoming students – Health history information
You must complete your health history, immunizations & meningitis (Mandatory for all first-year students) information via the Student Portal prior to moving onto campus. This information is submitted through the Portal, and no physician signature is required.