All incoming students must provide proof of immunization for the following:
- Two vaccines each for measles, mumps and rubella after the age of one year old. A blood test to check for immunity (titers) may be provided in lieu of the immunizations. This can be performed at Habif Health and Wellness Center. The student health plan covers MMR titers but those using a different health plan should check for coverage with their health plan provider.
- Meningococcal vaccine (Menactra, Menveo, MCV4/MPSV4, Menomune) is mandatory for all first-year students. This vaccine must be given after the 16th birthday to give students coverage throughout their four years here. If it has been given before the 16th birthday, another dose, after the age of 16, is required.
- All students, faculty and staff who are physically present on campus will be required to receive an influenza vaccine after August 1, 2021 and before a date (yet to be determined) in early November. You can receive a private flu shot with one of our nurses at Habif by logging on to the Student Portal and booking an appointment online. You can receive your vaccination from off campus pharmacies, like Millbrook Pharmacy, (7010 Pershing Ave.) with availability on the weekends. If you choose an off-campus location, you must obtain proof of your immunization and upload it to your medical record via the Student Portal. If you qualify for an exemption to the flu shot based on religious or medical grounds, please fill out the Immunization Exception form and submit it along with a letter from clergy or physician on letterhead detailing the reason the exemption is being requested to Habif Health and Wellness Center. It will be reviewed by our executive director and we will let you know if it has been approved.
- One tuberculosis test (PPD skin test or blood test such as T-spot or Quantiferon gold) in the past six months for students at high risk of tuberculosis. These tests can be performed at Habif Health and Wellness Center, but ideally should be done six months or less before coming to school. The student health plan covers tuberculosis blood tests but those using a different health plan should check for coverage with their health plan provider. High risk for tuberculosis includes: born in a high-prevalence country; travel for more than two months to a high-prevalence country; contact with active tuberculosis; HIV positive; suppressed immune system from illness or medication (e.g., organ transplant, prednisone treatment); medical conditions such as diabetes, cancer or kidney failure; body weight 10% or more below ideal body weight; work in prison, nursing home, homeless shelter or hospital; work in lab with mycobacteria; history of abnormal chest X-ray.
It is also suggested that students provide proof of immunization for:
- Tetanus diphtheria acellular pertussis (Tdap) immunization within the past 10 years
- Hepatitis A and/or B vaccine
- Varicella vaccine (2 doses)
- Meningitis B
- HPV vaccine for those age 9-26
- Routine childhood immunizations including polio
Immunizations including HPV, tetanus, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, meningitis, influenza, measles, mumps and rubella are offered at Habif. Please book a nursing immunization visit online through the patient portal.
Immunizations are given only by appointment. Appointments are available: Monday through Friday: 9:30-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
MMR titers and tuberculosis blood tests are also offered at Habif. Please call to request an order for these tests which can be performed at the lab located at Habif at your convenience.
Please log into the Student Portal to update your Immunization Compliance information. Once inside the Portal click ‘Forms’ to access the Entrance Medical Requirements page. Click the ‘Immunization Page’ link to access the form.
To print a copy of your immunizations on record with Habif, click the ‘Immunizations’ link in the Student Portal.
Please note that the meningitis vaccine is required of all incoming students.
If you think you have already completed this form, please click Portal Forms (PDF) for instructions on how to verify if your is form is complete.
Incoming students – Health history information
You must complete your health history, immunizations & meningitis (Mandatory for all first-year students) information via the Student Portal prior to moving onto campus. This information is submitted through the Portal, and no physician signature is required.