Residential Life seeks to provide housing for all students who desire to live in Residential Life housing. In the event that housing is limited, we have created a housing waitlist process for students looking to move back on campus.
Housing Waitlist for Spring 2021
For the 2020 – 2021 academic year, the university has made the decision to reduce the density of students within Residential Life housing as one of our safety measures in response to COVID-19 and the guidance received by the American College Health Association. As a result, rising juniors and seniors are not guaranteed housing, unless approved previously for special accommodations.
The housing waitlist for Spring 2021 was created to allow juniors and seniors who are interested in living in residential life to add their names to a waitlist. Housing Waitlist submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis by Residential Life staff. Although we know students will want decisions quickly, decisions will be provided as housing is available.
When considering a student’s submission, the committee will consider the items below. There may be additional considerations as we will be looking at each application individually and make decisions on a case-by-case basis.
- Whether or not a student can return to their permanent residence/address
- The student’s current financial circumstances/hardships, how Residential Life housing assists in alleviating those hardships, and whether Financial Aid may also alleviate those hardships
- The student’s health and medical needs
- Students who have no other place to live or for whom being at home would be unsafe given the circumstances of their country or home life
- Students who have home environments that significantly impair remote learning
- Other individual situations where the only reasonable option is for the student to return to campus
Residential Life pledges to review cases and make decisions in a way that is student-centered, trauma-informed, and that prioritizes support for our most vulnerable students.
Housing Waitlist for Fall 2021
In the event that housing is limited, we have created a housing waitlist process for students looking to move back on campus.
The returning housing application is now closed. Students who are interested in returning to live in Residential Life housing and do not have a submitted housing application, must add their names to the housing waitlist below.
We invite our transfer students and former residential students to submit their name to the waitlist for housing for Fall 2021.
We ask for your patience as you await updates regarding your housing should you submit to the below waitlist. Please keep in mind that while our occupancy has increased to 85% for the upcoming year, we are regularly monitoring COVID and will adhere to all CDC and university recommendations regarding housing.
Submitting your name to the waitlist does not guarantee housing.
The Fall 2021 Housing Waitlist form will be closing on Sunday, August 1, 2021.