Confused about how to start planning for your future? The Career Center can help you get started!
Here are a few things you can do to help decide what direction you’d like to explore:
- Get acquainted with us! Begin by meeting with a Career Adviser or Career Peer. You’ll learn about how the Career Center can support you. Stop by DUC 110 (10-5, Mon-Fri), call us at 314-935-5930 or schedule an appointment.
- Explore Handshake, the Career Center online job, internship and co-op database. Use this site to find workshops, employer information sessions, career events, and learn about Career Fairs.
- Take some time to reflect on your interests. The Career Center provides online assessment tools (free for WashU students) to help you learn more about your career preferences.
- Develop a professional resume: A college resume is very different from what you used in high school. Come to Quick Questions hours (10-5, Mon-Fri) for assistance with your first “professional” resume.
- Learn more about internships by checking out Success Stories. Once you log in with your WUSTL Key, you will be able to see a database of internships held by previous students and get ideas for the types of internships you might be interested in.
- Curious about what you can do with your major? Take a look at our Outcome Data. Every year the Career Center at Washington University surveys the graduating class to gather information about their post-graduation plans. Sort by major to see the top employers and graduate schools that WashU graduates chose after their time at WashU.