Financial Aid for International Students

Student Financial Services processes Financial Aid applications for international undergraduate students. If you have questions or want more information, contact Student Financial Services or call 314-935-5900.

International graduate students should contact their academic department about financial aid options.

Applying for the First Time

We understand every student’s and family’s concern about the cost of education. At Washington University, scholarships for international students are generally only granted when students apply for admission to the University. It is unusual for a student to receive any financial assistance after enrollment.

After admission, a student must show a substantial change in the family financial situation – a change which arose after enrolling at the University. If you feel you’ve had such a change in circumstances, you may contact Student Financial Services for information about the application process.

Renewing Your Award

In general, if your family’s financial circumstances remain the same, your award will remain the same one year to the next. However, it is important to realize that need-based assistance is based on your family’s circumstances and will be re-evaluated each year.


Contact Student Financial Services.