Located on the south end of Level 2 overlooking the Rec Courts, the Elevated Track is 1/10-mile long with three lanes for walking, jogging and running.
The Elevated Track is surrounded on three sides with floor-to-ceiling windows allowing in ample natural light and offering sweeping views of campus and Francis Field. The track provides a great alternative to treadmill running.
- Proper athletic attire must be worn. Shirts, shoes, and pants/shorts are required. Sports bras are not considered a shirt.
- Closed-toed athletic shoes are required at all times. Spiked shoes are not permitted.
- Please adhere to the posted running direction and lane assignments. Slower walkers and runners should stay to the inside allowing faster runners to pass on the outside.
- Stretching, sitting, and spectating are not permitted inside track lanes. A stretching cage is available in the south alcove.
- Throwing or dropping items from the track is prohibited.
- Spitting on the track or in the drinking fountain is prohibited.
- Backpacks and other personal items are not permitted on the floor. Store all belongings in temporary lockers. WashU Rec is not responsible for any lost or stolen belongings.
- Glass bottles and open containers are prohibited in the facility. Only plastic bottles and beverage containers with lids are permitted.
- Food of any kind is not permitted. Only water is allowed. Group workouts of three or more individuals are prohibited.
- Personal training and private lessons are not permitted in the facility unless properly arranged through WashU Rec.
- Photography and filming are not permitted in the facility without approval from the WashU Rec administrative staff.
- WashU Rec staff members have the final say in policy interpretation and enforcement. Failure to comply with any of these policies may result in temporary or permanent loss of recreation privileges.