Kimberly Gerik, MA

Career Coach

I have always been passionate about helping people achieve their dreams and goals in any way I possibly can.  All of us need mentoring and guidance at some point in our lives, and I’m thrilled to be supporting students as they explore their interests, discover their strengths, realize their abilities, and fulfill their dreams.

My primary focus as an experienced research scientist (and former medical student) is to help guide students in their pursuit of scientific careers, whether that be in industry, academia, or one of the medical fields.  However, as a passionate musician, supporter of the arts, wine salesperson and former college instructor, I also encourage and support students who choose and strive for meaningful careers in the humanities.

How I define success: I borrow a favorite, rather simple saying from the late great poet laureate Maya Angelou: “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.”

Something interesting about me: I tend to be passionate, enthusiastic and joyful about whatever it is that I am doing at the moment:  working at my job, volunteering at a food pantry, hiking in the mountains, sailing, singing or playing my cello, traveling to a new place, exploring different foods and wines, pulling weeds, cleaning my house, or jumping out of an airplane (with a parachute, of course)!

Career coaching focus areas: Research / Science, Exploring / Deciding