Amy Heath-Carpentier, MA, PhD

Assistant Director, PreGraduate School and Career Development

Amy Heath-Carpentier
Amy Heath-Carpentier

(she, her, hers)

Considering graduate school? Interested in policy, advocacy, civil and human rights, or international affairs? Maybe education or working abroad? If you’re wondering how you can continue to grapple with the wicked problems you’ve encountered in your courses after you graduate, let’s talk. I specialize in helping students create plans to explore, search, and land opportunities across a broad spectrum of education, nonprofit, NGO, government, policy, and international relations employers, and I enjoy helping students articulate the skills, knowledge areas, and abilities they have built during their time at WashU.

For those interested in government, policy, and advocacy, I’d love to meet you at the Government and Public Policy Work Group (GPP), which meets on Fridays at 1pm in the DUC (the room varies; email for an update). During the academic year, I hold walk-in office hours on Mondays from 1-4pm in the Career Center (Danforth University Center room 110). I’m also open to one-on-one appointments. Simply email gppcareers@wustl.edu to schedule a one-on-one or to ask questions about where to start.

Career Advising Focus Areas: Advocacy, Languages & Literatures, Civil Rights, Diplomacy, Domestic Policy, Education, Fellowships, Foreign Policy & International Affairs, Government, Grad School (masters and PhD), Human Rights, History, LGBTQA, Liberal Arts & Careers, NGO, Non-Profit, Political Science, Religious Studies, Sociology, Study Abroad, Urban Studies and Women & Gender Studies.