Completed in 2004, the boathouse was funded by an anonymous Washington University donor who envisioned a state-of-the-art facility for storing and maintaining racing shells.
Resting on the banks of the 320-acre, wind-protected Creve Coeur Lake, the Washington University Boathouse overlooks the racing course of the 1904 World Olympics Games.
With seven storage bays, the facility is home to dozens of premier racing shells. In addition, the Boathouse features a full erg room, locker rooms, and offices for the coaching staff.
The facility remains the prominent representation of rowing in the area, housing not only WashU Crew but also St. Louis Rowing Club and the St. Louis University Men’s and Women’s Rowing team.
The address for the Boathouse is 13777 Marine Ave., Maryland Heights, MO 63043.