ASK AN ADVISOR: Passport, check. Visa, check. What else do I need for travel?

OISS Newsletter 11.15.19Question: I am traveling out of the country soon, what else do I need to do before I travel?

Answer: Along with having a valid passport, with at least 6 months left on it and a valid F-1 entry visa, you must have a recent travel signature from one of your OISS advisors on page 2 of your I-20. Having a recent travel signature shows proof that you are currently in good standing with your visa status.

If you have a trip planned or are thinking about traveling outside the US, stop by OISS to drop off your I-20 for a travel signature request and pick it up after three business days. We will also be offering “Sign-While-You-Wait” dates soon. During these special dates in December, an OISS advisor will be available to sign your I-20 while you wait. Be on the lookout for that email soon!

More information about travel abroad can be found on our website.

Written by: Alayna Hutchinson, International Student Advisor